A Once in a Lifetime Real Estate Experience: 5702 Grove Avenue – Part 2: The Details
In Part 1 of this series, I introduced this new development project that sits on the rooftops of the Libbie and Grove intersection – a beautiful 4,257 square foot condo with wrap-around views of some of Richmond’s most beloved shops and restaurants. It was great reliving the production of this special home and sharing about the process of working with the developer, buyers, and design team to build a true masterpiece.
In this blog, I will share the finished project and details about the products and contractors that made this home come to life.
One of my favorite parts about this project is the choice of flooring. The stunning oak flooring used throughout the entire home locally sourced from Wellborn + Wright, a Richmond lumber manufacturer, accentuates the large open floor plan. Accompanying the oak flooring is nearly two miles of custom trim thoughtfully installed by Westhampton LLC carpenters.
Sitting in the center of the main living area is an impressive custom-designed kitchen. The kitchen, built by Prestige Cabinetry and installed by the cabinet makers of Westhampton LLC., features a large custom island with a natural stone top from Absolute Stone (Ashland, VA).
A salvaged walnut door from the Westhampton Theater was restored by Westhampton LLC and used for the project’s pantry door. The antique light fixtures imported from England complete the high-end design.
The client’s love of woodworking and eye for detail is what inspired them to have the developer design and install custom walnut cabinetry in the master bedroom, media room, living room mantle/bookshelves, bedroom closets, and laundry room.
Outdoor Living Area Details
An incredible outdoor living area was one of my client’s most important “must-haves”. This 1,149 square foot wrap-around outdoor balcony/patio is outfitted with an outdoor custom kitchen with Coyote 36” grill, Coyote Power Burner, and most importantly, a two-tap kegerator, to enjoy a cold beverage while cooking and overlooking Libbie/Grove. It was a treat to see this outdoor area come together.
Other notable details include:
- 3 high-efficiency Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) HVAC system with ducted splits in the unit.
- Surround sound throughout the unit
- Front door elevator, opening directly into the unit controlled by an access card system for added security
- A video doorbell to allow guests to communicate directly with the owner over a secure connection and allow private remote access to the unit
- Lutron Powered Shades provided by Andrew Norris & Associates
- Rohl Bathroom Fixtures Supplied by Ferguson.
- Natural gas living room fireplace from Acme Stove located in Centerville, VA
- Electric fireplace in the master bedroom supplied by Outdoor Kitchen Creations, LLC located in Rockville, VA
From start to finish, I was proud to be a part of this project, help lead my clients through the process, and utilize the many local contractors within the Richmond community. The condo was completed on December 20th and closed for $2.35 million on December 22nd, 2020.
Looking for your new property in RVA? The Scott Garnett Team is here to help. Please feel free to reach out!